Post-Home Sleep Test: What Happens and What to Say
Your patient has returned after taking their VivoScore sleep test and they’re ready to hear the results. How does that conversation go?
Ask the patient about the PEM they watched.
- What stood out to them?
- Did they identify with anything in particular?
- Did they recognize someone else in their life?
- Make sure to answer their questions and acknowledge what they share with you.
Share the results from their VivoScore screening.
- You can say something like “I got your results back from your sleep screenings, and I am so glad that we’re taking a look at this.”
- Review your findings.
If the findings of the sleep test results are concerning, let the patient know you will need to take more records to obtain more information, including the following:
- Cone beam
- H&N exam
You could say, “Due to your sleep screening results, I want to take a few additional records today, including a 3D image of your airway so we can see more. My dental assistant will take you back for those images, and we will review them when you’re all done.”
- Once the additional records are done, you can review the full picture and finish connecting the dots for your patient. This will include doing a head and neck exam.
- Talk about the need for treatment and what treatment within the Vivos System will do for your patient. Once you’ve reviewed that and answered all of their questions, you can do a power pass to your financial coordinator.
Power pass to your financial coordinator. If you need more info on what a great power pass looks like, click here.
After your financial coordinator has worked out an agreement with the patient, there are only a few more steps to complete:
- Present an informed consent form and have it signed.
- Present the video and photo release form and have it signed.
- Take a digital scan and bite.
- Seat rescue (if recommended).
- Bill insurance for CBVT, H&N exam, and seat rescue.
The Airway Integration Tour Is Coming!
Don’t hesitate! There are only three more chances to attend this amazing training!
Bring your team and register today!
Friday, October 1
Friday, October 8
Friday, November 5
Success on the Airway Integration Tour
We want to thank all the doctors and teams who attended the Airway Integration Tour in Denver, Dallas, Salt Lake City, Houston, Nashville, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Orange County, Sacramento, Bend, and Chicago! They were challenged to screen as many patients as they could as part of their training. As a collective, these providers have done 3,304 screenings with the VivoScore so far! Out of these screenings, 44 percent of patients had OSA. Even more exciting, doctors and teams have submitted 229 RXs so far!
We Want to Hear from You
Your feedback is important to us. Please take a moment to complete a short survey regarding your interest in live training for you and your team!
In-person VIP doctors will receive $500 off by using the coupon code CE4VIP. This is not applicable for staff, associate doctors, or virtual attendees. If you would like more information, please follow the QR code, go to vivosbis.com, or email Jodi Pollock at [email protected]
Upcoming Events and Webinars
The Help Desk Has New Hours
The Help Desk will be available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. MDT.